Because nowhere else comes close.
Whether it’s the shops, restaurants, culture—or, most likely, all of the above plus more—you’ve got your own reasons for embracing the downtown lifestyle. We understand. And for the same reasons you chose to live in the heart of all, make the choice to work out here, too.
With a full range of fitness equipment and classes, The Downtown Ys have the same amenities and opportunities of other Ys—but they’ve also got a vibe all their own. It’s a little more mature, a little more grown up, a little more…well, downtown.
YMCA at the Athenaeum
Michigan and New Jersey St.
- Wellness Center with Free Weights, Cybex® Equipment, and an Array of Cardiovascular equipment
- Free Wallet/Purse Lockers for Valuables
- Free Parking in Lot until 10:00 am (M-F) and on Street after 6:00 pm. Can park in parking lot after 10am for only $1, please purchase a token at the Member Service Desk.
- Silver Sneakers® Fitness Program
- 1,000 Square foot Free Weight room
- Free Shower Towels
- Co-ed Sauna
- Three Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Kit Lockers Available
- Friendly Staff and Service
- IndyGo Bus Route #3
For more information, visit the YMCA at the Athenaeum facility page.
Indy Bike Hub YMCA
Market and Alabama St.
- Conveniently located next to the historic City Market—great place to grab breakfast or lunch while satisfying the inner “foodie” in you!
- Secure, safe, indoor bicycle parking
- Full-service bike shop by Bicycle Garage Indy—for repairs, accessory sales, and rentals, plus clinics
- Cardio and Strength Equipment
- Free Weight Area
- Small Group Personal Training Area
- Group Exercise Classes
- Locker Rooms featuring towel service and new 5-suit lockers (perfect for bicycle commuters)
- Free Wallet/Purse Lockers
- Wi-Fi Lounge
- Association-wide access to other YMCAs in the city with membership
- Special Bike/Shower Only Memberships
- Daily Passes
- Free Bike Parking Available to Members – Overnight bike storage coming soon!
For more information, visit the Indy Bike Hub YMCA facility page.