What‘s New @ Intercollegiate YMCA
We are so excited to annouce some additions to our teen programming! Currently we provide the following teen programs:
- Youth and Government
- Teen Nights
- Safe Sitters
- Teen Leaders CLub
Coming in 2013-2014 School year:
- Model UNited Nations program for Middle School
- Teen Service trips
- Teen Leadership retreatso
For more information on how to get your child or your school involved, please contact Amanda Moore at email@example.com.
Intercollegiate YMCA Video
Check out our 2012 Video featuring our Alternative Spring Break trip to Jamaica. Go to http://vimeo.com/38939520
What is a Campus Y?
Campus YMCA’s develop cause driven leaders while connecting campus to community.
Youth and Government
Indiana YMCA Youth and Government programs develop personal growth and encourage life-long, responsible citizenship by providing experiential learning for young people and providing public forums to recognize the abilities and capabilities of youth.
Youth and Government programs develop and promote:
- An understanding of local, state, national and international concerns;
- Research, study and debate on public issues;
- Exploration of careers in public service;
- Interaction with adult and youth leaders involved in decision-making processes;
- An understanding of political systems and the forum they provide for the effective and peaceful resolution of issues and concerns;
- Appreciation for the diversity of viewpoints on public issues and a concurrent respect for ideas, beliefs and the positions of others; and
- Demonstration of citizenship responsibilities and leadership roles essential to the health of participatory democracy.
Want to learn more about how you or or youth can get involved? Contact Candice Tatum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fox 59 Pay it Forward
Check us out at http://www.fox59.com/features/payingitforward/