Benjamin Harrison YMCA
5736 Lee Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46216
Opened in June 1997, the Benjamin Harrison YMCA was a collaboration of the Fort Benjamin Harrison Reuse Authority, the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis, and the City of Lawrence to redevelop and revitalize a historical part of our city and state.
- Located in Lawrence on land formerly known as Fort Benjamin Harrison, the Benjamin Harrison YMCA is the first YMCA named after our 23rd President of the United States.
- The Fort was opened in 1906 by United States President Theodore Roosevelt, honoring former President Harrison (1889-1893), who hailed from Indianapolis.
- The YMCA property and building was purchased by the Reuse Authority when Fort Harrison closed in 1997. It formerly served as a military athletic facility, where the Army trained physical fitness instructors.
- The Athlete Village for the 1987 Pan Am Games was built inside Fort Harrison. The YMCA pool was once used for practice by swimmers in the 1987 Pan American Games hosted in Indianapolis.
Monday – Friday
Monday - Friday
Member Services Desk
Monday – Friday
EASTER Apr 8 CLOSED
MEMORIAL DAY May 28 7 am – 6 pm
INDEPENDENCE DAY Jul 4 7 am – 6 pm
LABOR DAY Sep 1 7 am – 6 pm
THANKSGIVING Nov 20 CLOSED
CHRISTMAS EVE Dec 24 5 am – 3 pm
CHRISTMAS Dec 25 CLOSED
NEW YEAR’S EVE Dec 31 5 am – 3 pm
- 2 Indoor Pools
- Outdoor Aquatic Center
- Indoor Program Pool with Zero Depth Entry and Spray Features
- Family Center with Indoor Play Structure
- 2 Full-Court Gymnasiums
- Computer Lab
- FitLinxx®, an Electronic Fitness Notebook
- Group Exercise and Cycling Rooms
- Silver Sneakers® Fitness Program
- Over 60 Cardio Machines
- 18 Cybex® Strength Machines
- Fully Equipped Free Weight Area
- Family/Special Needs Locker Rooms
- Adult (16+) Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
- Boy’s and Girl’s Locker Rooms
- Video Relay Service for the Hearing Impaired