Benjamin Harrison YMCA
What‘s New @ Benjamin Harrison YMCA
Don’t miss the party of the summer! Enjoy delicious dinner, drinks, and dancing! The Benjamin Harrison YMCA’s Summer Bash is held each year to raise funds for the Y’s Annual Campaign. Funds from the campaign allow individuals and families to participate in the YMCA programs who would not otherwise be able to participate.
This year, we will have our event at The Garrison on Thursday, August 28th from 6-9 pm.
For tickets please contact Kirsten Maley at 317.610.2702.
- Individual Tickets $50 (8 seats per table)
- Table Sponsor $500
- Corporate Table Sponsor $1,000
- Gold Sponsor $2,500
- Title Sponsor $5,000
A special thanks to Monarch Beverages for their generous support!
Child Watch Renovations
Our Child Watch area will be closed for renovations from July 21st until August 8th and all services will be moved to the primetime area. Please know that primetime will be closed for general use and only children in Child Watch or being supervised by an adult may play in primetime.
Thank you for your understanding with this matter.
Pooches in the Pool!
The Benjamin Harrison YMCA Doggie Dip invites the community to wrap up the dog days of summer with their favorite K9 friends! Participants can show their best doggie-paddle & join us for one last dip before the outdoor pool closes for the season! JOIN US NOW!
Every Thursday afternoon, the Benjamin Harrison YMCA will have a Farmers Market in the Parking lot to sell fresh fruits and vegetables. We are very excited to have this back for our members and this community! From July 10th until mid September!
Dive Right In!
Indianapolis is honored to be the host city for the 2014 & 2015 YMCA Swimming National Long Course Championships, and the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis is proud to play a supporting role. Volunteer opportunities and activities throughout the day are available for ages 11 and up! This is a great opportunity to see future Olympic swimmers and young athletes!
- Volunteer Orientation: Monday, July 28th
- Volunteer Shifts available ALL DAY! Morning AND Evening!
- Tuesday, July 29th – Friday, August 1st
Volunteers will receive: T-shirt, refreshments, hospitality room access, free parking and admission to the day’s events!
SIGN UP HERE:
Contact John Fero, Aquatics Director, Ransburg YMCA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Swim Lessons on Sundays!
This summer we will be offering swim lessons for your children on Sundays! We have classes for both preschoolers and youth starting at 3 pm.
Have you ever considered a private swim lesson for you or your child? Receive one-on-one lessons from a certified instructor. Perfect for those looking for individualized instruction or those with physical disabilities or special needs such as fear of the water. Lessons are scheduled to the availability of the participant and the instructor. Register at member services today!
New Dance Classes This Summer!
The Benjamin Harrison YMCA will be offering the following classes this summer:
- Intro to Contemporary Dance (Ages 7-9; 10-12; 13-16) You’ve seen this style on the hit TV show “So You think you can Dance?” This class covers the fundamental movements of contemporary dance, focusing on strength, power, flexibility, weight shifting, and rhythmical awareness. This class is a great alternative from the traditional workout and perfect for anyone who has ever been curious about dance. No previous experience required!
- Intro to Jazz (Ages 7-9; 10-12; 13-16) Embrace the fun and funky style of JAZZ. This class explores the essential movements of the American born dance style JAZZ. This class not only builds strength, flexibility, endurance, musicality and creativity, but also focuses on building confidence and individual expression through its style.
- Intro to Ballet (Ages 7-9; 10-12; 13-16) This class covers the elementary exercises of classical ballet training, emphasizing creativity, posture, flexibility, strength, and musical and rhythmic awareness. No previous training required!
All classes are $43 for Facility Members and $55 for Program Members. Sign up at Member Services TODAY!
Experiencing God’s Peace – Women’s Bible Group
Join our newest small community! This bible study focuses on the book of Philippians. Elizabeth George helps you understand how to sense God’s perfect peace in every circumstance in your life and is perfect for all ages. Her teaching will help you discover how to:
- Respond to the needs of others
- Mature in Christ
- Overcome anxiety.
The “heart response” sections throughout the study help you grasp the Apostle Paul’s teachings and focus on God’s loving provisions.
This bible study makes a great resource for women’s small groups, Sunday School, and personal reflection.
Start the year with the posture of peace. This study on the book of Philippians will explore the overwhelming peace that surpasses our understanding…even in the midst of turmoil.
When: Thursdays, 6:00-7:30 pm starting January 9th – February 20th.
Cost: $10 book fee/assistance available
To reserve your seat, email: email@example.com or call 317.441.9855.
We are looking Sports Coaches for ALL sports! This is a great volunteer opportunity!
Please contact our Sports Coordinator Shannon Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. No experience necessary – We will train you!
Join Our Small Communities!
Get connected by joining our small communities so that you can build a relationship for a lifetime. Contact Nina Goyco for more information. Here is the list of our small communities:
-Shallow Water Aerobics
-Active Older Adults
-Senior Coffee Talk
-Benjamin Harrison Mom’s Group
-Tuesday night Volleyball
|Older Stories >|