Planning to be a vendor for our Community Yard Sale? Click on the ‘Schedules and Forms” tab for more details!
APRIL is the Month of the Child!
Here are a few tips to consider!
- You don’t have to wait until your child is a preschooler to read to them! Babies love books too! Reading to your baby early and often will help their language skills and will increase their vocabulary as they get older.
- Read lots of books. Reading together helps your baby develop a love of reading and gives them a familiarity with books. Reading aloud helps grow your baby’s vocabulary as she has many chances to hear new words and learn what they mean.
- Read with gusto! Use different voices for different characters in the stories you read to your baby. Babies love when adults are silly, and it makes book reading even more fun.
- Let your baby “read” her own way. Your baby may only sit still for a few pages, turn the pages quickly or only want to look at one picture and then be done. She may even like to just mouth the book, instead of read it, and that’s ok too!
- What was your favorite book as a child – when you were your child’s age? What is their favorite book now?
Y-Future Leaders!! Get registered!!!
The YMCA creates opportunities for students to develop life skills, foster self-discovery, and enhance critical thinking by exposing them to community resources and positive adult leaders. The Y-Future Leaders program targets youth ages 12-19 involved in/or at risk of entering the Juvenile Court system. Youth will be offered drug prevention and life skills sessions, workforce development training, and health and wellness recreation activities. The program helps youth with making healthy decisions and provides positive social interaction with mentors to help them develop leadership and job-readiness skills.
To enroll a student, please go to our Forms and Program Guides tab and print the registration packet. You can also contact Mr. Fred Dorsey at the Avondale Meadows YMCA at (317) 549-9622 ext. 263 or email email@example.com
NOW ACCEPTING SILVER SNEAKERS AND PRIME!!
Did you know that we are now accepting Silver Sneakers and Prime members? Just bring your card and we can get you enrolled TODAY!!!
EARLY LEARNING CENTER ENROLLED IN PATHS TO QUALITY!
This voluntary system benefits parents, providers, children and community. Paths to QUALITY promotes high quality child care for all children. Research shows that high quality early learning experiences prepare children for future success in school, work and life. Click on the following link for more details about Paths to Quality: http://www.childcareanswers.com/paths_to_QUALITY.html